Hi,

We used the code checked in this branch a few hours before the official
0.8.0 final release : https://github.com/apache/kafka/tree/0.8
So hopefully it should be the exact same code as the official release.

The controller logs are empty.

In a previous exchange you advised us to not use trunk unless we felt
adventurous.
So if you think 0.8.1 is production ready, and that it shouldn't crash
unexpectedly, we can probably give it a try. Otherwise, since our data
pipeline heavily relies on Kafka, we might have to use another solution...
(bring up a brand new cluster each time we want to resize the cluster ?)

Thanks
Maxime