There is one fetcher per broker, which is responsible for fetching messages
in all consumed topics whose leader is on that broker. We have seen a
fetcher being killed by a bug in Kafka. Also, if the broker is slow (e.g.
due to I/O contention), the fetch rate could also be slower than expected.

Thanks,

Jun