Hi,

I'm writing a custom consumer for kafka 0.8.
Everything works except for the following:

a. connect, send fetch, read all results
b. send fetch
c. send fetch
d. send fetch
e. via the console publisher, publish 2 messages
f. send fetch :corr-id 1
g. read 2 messages published :offsets [10 11] :corr-id 1
h. send fetch :corr-id 2
i. read 2 messages published :offsets [10 11] :corr-id 2
j.  send fetch ...

The problem is I get the messages sent twice as a response to two separate
fetch requests. The correlation id is distinct so it cannot be that I read
the response twice. The offsets of the 2 messages are are the same so they
are duplicates, and its not the producer sending the messages twice.

Note: the same connection is kept open the whole time, and I send
block,receive then send again, after the first 2 messages are read, the
offsets are incremented and the next fetch will ask kafka to give it
messages from the new offsets.

any ideas of why kafka would be sending the messages again on the second
fetch request?

Regards,
 Gerrit