Yeah I'll fix that name.

Hmm, yeah, I agree that often you want to be able delay network
connectivity until you have started everything up. But at the same time I
kind of loath special init() methods because you always forget to call them
and get one round of error every time. I wonder if in those cases one could
just avoid creating the producer instance until you are ready to connect.
Basically if you think of the producer instance as the equivalent of a
socket connection or whatever this kind of makes sense.

-Jay