Siyuan, Marc:

We are currently working on topic-deletion supports
(KAFKA-330<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-330>),
would first-delete-then-recreate-with-fewer-partitions work for your cases?
The reason why we are trying to avoid shrinking partition is that it would
make the logic very complicated. For example, we need to think about
within-partition ordering guarantee with partition merging and
producing-in-progress simultaneously.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang