I was testing the impact of slow consumers on Kafka. I had slow consumers
set on topic1. The throughput of topic1 went down by 40-50% for the peak
period (~ 9-10 MBps). Though the throughput for other topics was not
affected at all.

I couldn't find any error logs on the server side or producer. The Kafka
brokers are running on VMs with 16GB RAM and 4 Cores.

The consumer configuration is pretty basic and only has zookeeper
information, timeout details.

Have you guys tested kafka behaviour for slow consumers? Any broker level
configuration for better performance ? Any insights on how do handle such
rogue consumers as a part of operation ?

 --
Abhinav Anand