Hi,
I am hitting a strange exception while creating a topic in Kafka -
Steps to generate this-
1. Created a topic multipartition_test with 2 partitions and 2 replicas
2. Added some data to this topics and verified data is coming up for both
partitions
3. Deleted the topic. Checked only the zookeeper to see if the
/brokers/topics DOES NOT have the topic
4. Recreated the topic in exactly the same way as in point 1.

After this, when I list topics using ./kafka-list-topic.sh, i see that
*leader:* none and *isr:* for this topic. State change logs give the
following exception.

kafka.common.StateChangeFailedException: encountered error while electing
leader for partition [multipartition_test,1] due to: LeaderAndIsr
information doesn't exist for partition [multipartition_test,1] in
OnlinePartition state.
        at
kafka.controller.PartitionStateMachine.electLeaderForPartition(PartitionStateMachine.scala:327)
        at
kafka.controller.PartitionStateMachine.kafka$controller$PartitionStateMachine$$handleStateChange(PartitionStateMachine.scala:154)
        at
kafka.controller.PartitionStateMachine$$anonfun$handleStateChanges$2.apply(PartitionStateMachine.scala:110)
        at
kafka.controller.PartitionStateMachine$$anonfun$handleStateChanges$2.apply(PartitionStateMachine.scala:109)
        at scala.collection.immutable.Set$Set2.foreach(Set.scala:101)
        at
kafka.controller.PartitionStateMachine.handleStateChanges(PartitionStateMachine.scala:109)
        at
kafka.controller.KafkaController.onNewPartitionCreation(KafkaController.scala:325)
        at
kafka.controller.KafkaController.onNewTopicCreation(KafkaController.scala:312)
        at
kafka.controller.PartitionStateMachine$TopicChangeListener.liftedTree1$1(PartitionStateMachine.scala:376)
        at
kafka.controller.PartitionStateMachine$TopicChangeListener.handleChildChange(PartitionStateMachine.scala:361)
        at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient$7.run(ZkClient.java:568)
        at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkEventThread.run(ZkEventThread.java:71)
Caused by: kafka.common.StateChangeFailedException: LeaderAndIsr
information doesn't exist for partition [multipartition_test,1] in
OnlinePartition state
        at
kafka.controller.PartitionStateMachine.getLeaderIsrAndEpochOrThrowException(PartitionStateMachine.scala:347)
        at
kafka.controller.PartitionStateMachine.electLeaderForPartition(PartitionStateMachine.scala:291)
        ... 11 more

Can you please help what am I doing wrong?

Regards,
kashyap