Thanks for the response, Joe.

in the non-working setup, kafka user had all the permissions for its own
directories and log files.
I ran normal tests via the command line, as user "kafka" and all worked.

I think my question is:
is there any non-AF_INET socket communication between kafka clients and
servers ?
something like shared memory, or (god forbid) same files access !?

--

 [image: cid:image010.png@01CE6B4D.2087AF20]

[image: cid:image011.png@01CE6B4D.2087AF20]

*MAXIM KOVGAN*

DevOps Engineer

*www.fortscale.com* <http://www.fortscale.com/>

US.  1745 Broadway, 17th floor, New York, NY 10019 | Tel: 1 (212) 519-9889
ISRAEL. 22A Raoul Wallenberg St., Tel Aviv 6971918 | Tel: 972 (3) 600-6078