You should do this as a consumer (i.e. "archiveDataConsumer")

Take a look at the AWS section of the eco system
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Ecosystem (e.g.
https://github.com/pinterest/secor ).

Also the tools is a good place to check out
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/System+Tools (e.g.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/System+Tools#SystemTools-MirrorMaker
).

If there isn't a consumer you need you could write one (most often what
folks do) or google and maybe find it and let the community know.

Thanks!

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC