Hey Joe,

Yes, I have - my original plan is to do something similar to what you suggested
which was to simply push the data into HDFS / S3 and then having only the event
information within Kafka so that way multiple consumers can just read the event
information and ping HDFS/S3 for the actual message itself.

Part of the reason for considering just pushing the entire message up is due to
the potential where we will have a firehose of messages of this size and we
will need to push this data to multiple locations.

Thanks,
Denny