Hi Weide,

1. The old consumer is still depending on the ZK no matter if you use ZK
for offsets or not, since it depends on ZK for group manage anyways. In the
new consumer (0.9) we have completely the ZK dependance.

2. Yes, it queries the broker for leader info.

3. You can use a single consumer for multiple topics, but a single consumer
can only talk to a single broker; if your topic spans across multiple
brokers you would also need multiple simple consumers.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang