I let the tool running for an entire weekend on the test cluster and on
Monday it was still saying "failed"...

I have 500 Go per Kafka node and it is a 8 nodes cluster.

I am also wondering if I am using the tool correctly. Currently I am
running the tool to rebalance everything across the entire cluster. As I
have 3 replicas the tool requires at least 3 brokers.

Should I add 3 new Kafka nodes and rebalance some topics to these new nodes
only? I am afraid to unbalance the cluster with this option.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.