One tactic that might be worth exploring is to rely on the message key to
facilitate this.

It would require engineering careful functions for the key which hashes to the
partitions for your topic(s). It would also mean that your consumers for the
topic would be evaluating the key and discarding messages that aren’t relevant.

The only other option I can think of if you are using the high-level API would
be finer-grained topics.

Best Regards,

-Jonathan