From: Joe Stein [mailto:joe.st...@stealth.ly]
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2014 12:19 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: Kafka build for Scala 2.11

The changes are committed to trunk.  We didn't create the patch for 0.8.1.1
since there were code changes required and we dropped support for Scala 2.8 (
so we could just upload the artificats without a vote )

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12660369/KAFKA-1419_2014-08-07_10%3A52%3A18.patch
is the version you want.

If this is pressing for folks and can't wait for 0.8.2 or don't want to upgrade
right away then doing a 0.8.1.2 release is an option...maybe some
other things too...i.e. empty source jars.   I would prepare and vote on it
if others would too.

Joe Stein
Founder, Principal Consultant
Big Data Open Source Security LLC