Hi Jun,

Jay indicated that the new producer client on trunk is backwards compatible
with 0.8.1.1 (see thread below) — can you elaborate?

Given the consumer re-write for 0.9, I can definitely see how that would break
backwards compatibility, but Jay indicates that the producer on the trunk will
work with older existing brokers...

Thanks,

-Jonathan