I just wanted to send this out as an FYI but it does not affect any
released versions.

This only affects those who release off trunk and use Kafka-based
consumer offset management.  KAFKA-1469 fixes an issue in our
Utils.abs code. Since we use this method in determining the offset
manager for a consumer group, the fix can yield a different offset
manager if you happen to run off trunk and upgrade across the fix.
This won't affect all groups, but those that happen to hash to a value
that is affected by the bug fixed in KAFKA-1469.

(Sort of related - we may want to consider not using hashcode on the
group and switch to a more standard hashing algorithm but I highly
doubt that hashcode values on a string will change in the future.)

Joel