Hi,
I am kinda newbie to kafka, I plan to build a cluster with multiple nodes, and
multiple brokers on each node, I can find tutorials for set multiple brokers
cluster in single node, say
http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2013/03/13/running-a-multi-broker-apache-kafka-cluster-on-a-single-node/
Also I can find some instructions for multiple node setup, but with single
broker on each node. I have not seen any documents to teach me how to setup
multiple nodes cluster and multiple brokers in each node. I notice some
documents points out: we should install kafka on each node which makes sense,
and all the brokers in each node should connect to same zookeeper. I am
confused since I thought I could setup a zookeeper ensemble cluster separately,
and all the brokers connecting to this zookeeper cluster and this zk cluster
doesn’t have to be the server hosting the kafka, but some tutorial says I
should install zookeeper on each kafka node.

Here is my plan:
- I have three nodes: kfServer1, kfserver2, kfserver3,
- kfserver1 and kfserver2 are configured as the zookeeper ensemble, which i
have done.
  zk.connect=kfserver1:2181,kfserver2:2181
- broker1, broker2, broker3 are in kfserver1,
  broker4, broker5, broker6 are on kfserver2,
  broker7, broker8, broker9 are on kfserver3.

When I am configuring, the zk DataDir is in local directory of each node,
instead located at the zk ensemble directory, is that correct? So far, I
couldnot make above scheme working, anyone have ever made multi-node and
multi-broker kafka cluster setup?

thanks

Alec