Hi,

The method kafka.api.FetchRequestBuilder.maxWait(maxwait: Int) does not give
the result I would have expected. I have not been able to find any
documentation or clarification on the method’s meaning.

My assumption is: If I send a fetch request for messages after offset X for a
partition where there are currently no messages with offsets after X, I would
expect that a Fetch request built with the maxwait option should block on the
broker side for $maxwait milliseconds for a new message to arrive. Is this a
correct assumption?

Currently, the request appears to return immediately, which is not what I
expected.

Regards
/Magnus