Hi,

I have the following Kafka Setup
Number of producer : 1
Number of topics : 1
Number of partitions : 2
Number of consumers : 3 (with same group id)
Number of Kafka cluster : none(single Kafka server)
Zookeeper.session.timeout : 1000

Producer produces messages without any specific partitioning logic(default
partitioning logic). Consumer 1 consumes message continuously. I am abruptly
killing consumer 1 and I would except consumer 2 or consumer 3 to consume the
messages after the failure of consumer 1.
In some cases rebalance occurs and consumer 2 starts consuming messages. This
is perfectly fine. But in some cases either consumer 2 or consumer 3 is not at
all consuming. I have to manually kill all the consumers and start all three
consumers again. Only after this restart consumer 1 starts consuming again.
Precisely rebalance is successful in some cases while in some cases rebalance
is not successful. Is there any configuration that I am missing.

Cheers and Regards,
Murugavel .