Hi,

What is the best way to erase a stopped, multiprocess consumer's state so
that it can be reset (to "smallest offsets", for example) when the consumer
is restarted?  Deleting /consumers/<group-name> from Zookeeper has had the
desired effect in the past, but I ran into a situation today where some of
the consumer processes jumped to the desired offsets (in this case
"largest") on restart but others did not.  I'm not sure whether the issue
was replication lag across the Zookeeper cluster or cached state in Kafka.
I’m using kafka-python.

Thanks,
Ben