" If all
the consumers stop listening how long will Kafka continue to store messages
for that group?"

Kafka retains data for set amount of time, regardless of whether
anyone is listening or not. This amount of time is configurable.
Because Kafka performance is generally constant with the amount of
data it stores, storing terabytes of data for months is not uncommon.

Gwen