Hi, All

I am testing and making changes on server.properties, I wonder do I need to
specifically change the values in consumer and producer properties, here is
the consumer.properties

zookeeper.connect=10.100.98.100:2181,10.100.98.101:2181,10.100.98.102:2181
# timeout in ms for connecting to zookeeper
zookeeper.connection.timeout.ms=1000000
#consumer group id
group.id=test-consumer-group
#consumer timeout
#consumer.timeout.ms=5000

I use defaults for most of parameters, for group.id, it was defined as "A
string that uniquely identifies the group of consumer processes to which
this consumer belongs. By setting the same group id multiple processes
indicate that they are all part of the same consumer group."

Do I need to define many consumer-group here?
For producer, we are not user java client, it is a C# client sending
message to kafka, so this producer won't be matter (except I am doing
producer test locally), right?

producer.type=sync
compression.codec=none

Thanks