Thank you for reply Guozhang, right now I can get it work out of box, run
testcase_1 on VM and access production. However, from my point of view, we
really like to test the existing configs on productions, which means for
example, replica_basic_test.py won't start zookeeper&kafka since I want to
test the started brokers. I am thinking if I can comment out this part:

                self.log_message("starting zookeepers")

kafka_system_test_utils.start_zookeepers(self.systemTestEnv,
self.testcaseEnv)
                self.anonLogger.info("sleeping for 2s")
                time.sleep(2)
                self.log_message("starting brokers")
                kafka_system_test_utils.start_brokers(self.systemTestEnv,
self.testcaseEnv)
                self.anonLogger.info("sleeping for 5s")
                time.sleep(5)

Now I plan to modify the properties files in
/system_test/replication_testsuite/config/, and cluster_config.json and
testcase_1_properties.json on
/system_test/replication_testsuite/testcase_1/, to make these config files
exactly same as what we have on production. Does it work or I need to
change some other dependencies to get it work?

thanks

AL

--

Alec Li