Hi Toni,

1. Kafka can create topics on the fly, in case you need it.

https://kafka.apache.org/08/configuration.html

auto.create.topics.enabletrueEnable auto creation of topic on the server.
If this is set to true then attempts to produce, consume, or fetch metadata
for a non-existent topic will automatically create it with the default
replication factor and number of partitions.

2. About topic selection based on rules/dictionary, this must be solved on
your side.

You can use custom-code in your app or an event transport solution, like
Flume.

Flume 1.6 now includes a sink for Kafka, and it already supports dynamic
topics (by using a preprocessor)

https://github.com/thilinamb/flume-ng-kafka-sink

   -

   *topic*[optional]
   - The topic in Kafka to which the messages will be published. If this
      topic is mentioned, every message will be published to the same topic. If
      dynamic topics are required, it's possible to use a preprocessor
instead of
      a static topic. It's mandatory that either of the parameters *topic*
      or *preprocessor* is provided, because the topic cannot be null when
      publishing to Kafka. If none of these parameters are provided,
the messages
      will be published to a default topic called default-flume-topic.

Regards.

--

David Morales de Frías  ::  +34 607 010 411 :: @dmoralesdf
<https://twitter.com/dmoralesdf>

<http://www.stratio.com/>
Vía de las dos Castillas, 33, Ática 4, 3ª Planta
28224 Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid
Tel: +34 91 828 6473 // www.stratio.com // *@stratiobd
<https://twitter.com/StratioBD>*