I use a simple email client (Thunderbird) and have a filter setup so that mails to the Kafka user mailing list are moved to a specific folder. I then have "thread view" enabled so that the replies/discussion shows up in the right context. I have the same for some other mailing lists too and haven't felt the need for any other tool.

-Jaikiran