Joel/All,
The SimpleConsumer constructor requires a specific host and port.

Can this be any broker?
If it needs to be a specific broker, for 0.8.2, should this be the offset
coordinator? For 0.8.1, does it matter?
-Suren

     On Thursday, February 19, 2015 10:43 AM, Joel Koshy <jjkosh...@gmail.com>
wrote:

 I see - yes, you can use the SimpleConsumer for that. However, your
high-level consumers need to be shutdown while you do that (otherwise
they may auto-commit while you are resetting offsets).

Thanks,

Joel