Hi,
Does anyone have a full Java example of making an OffsetCommitRequest in 0.8.2?
My use case is for Consumer restart, where we want to specify the offset as a
timestamp. We are dealing with multiple partitions.
I'm trying to follow the OffsetCommitRequest example here in Java code.
However, on the call offsetChannel.send(ocRequest), the compiler complains that
ocRequest is not a RequestOrResponse.
That makes sense. But I'm wondering should I be using
kafka.common.OffsetCommitRequest from my Java code, rather than the javaapi
version? There is also org.apache.kafka.common.requests.OffsetCommitRequest.

-Suren