Hi Spencer,

You can configure your producers with a list of brokers. You can add all, but
usually at least two of the brokers in your cluster.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Moreno

On Mar 6, 2015, at 23:43, Spencer Owen
<so...@netdocuments.com<mailto:so...@netdocuments.com>> wrote:

I've setup a kafka cluster with 3 nodes.

Which node should I push the data to? I would normally push to kafka01, but if
that node goes down, then the entire cluster goes down.

How have other people solved this. Maybe a nginx reverse proxy?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28911410/which-node-should-i-push-data-to-in-a-cluster
____________________________________
This message may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail
and delete the message and any attachments.

Warning: All email sent to this address will be received by the NetDocuments
corporate e-mail system and is subject to archival and review by someone other
than the recipient.

The services to which this email (or any email in reply or to which this email
replies) relates are provided solely by NetDocuments and NetDocuments has no
responsibility for the services to which this email relates (or any email in
reply or to which this email replies).