Xiao,

Not sure about AIX or HP-UX. There are some people running on Windows,
though we don't do real systemic testing against that. I would be surprised
if z/os worked, someone would have to try.

The existing fsync policy already works at the batch level, and Kafka
already does batching quite aggressively. If you set the fsync policy to
force fsync and you get an acknowledgement that the fsync occurred.

In any case, it has not been my experience that datacenter power outages
are a common failure mode whereas disk failures happen continually.

I agree that the prototype transaction support would not be a good fit for
trying to commit each message in a transaction.

-Jay