I am not sure how MM is going to be rewritten. Based on the current
implementation in trunk offset is not committed unless it is produced to
destination. With assumption that this logic remains MM will not
acknowledge the offset back to source for filtered message. So I think it
is safe to filter messages out while keeping committed offset unchanged for
that particular topic. Please correct me if I am wrong

--
Regards,
Tao