Hi, all,

Do you know whether Linkedin plans to open source Lumos in the near future?

I found the answer from Qiao Lin’s post about replication from Oracle/mySQL to
Hadoop.

        - https://engineering.linkedin.com/data-ingestion/gobblin-big-data-ease

At the source side, it can be DataBus-based or file based.

At the target side, it is Lumos to rebuild the snapshots due to inability to do
an update/delete in Hadoop.

The slides about Lumos:
        http://www.slideshare.net/Hadoop_Summit/th-220p230-cramachandranv1
The talk about Lumos:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGlRjlrNDYk

Event publishing is different from database replication. Kafka is used for
change publishing or maybe also used for sending changes (recorded in files).

Thanks,

Xiao Li