>4. As for recovering broker from disk full, if replication is enabled one
>can just bring it down (the leader of the partition will then migrate to
>other brokers), clear the disk space, and bring it up again; if replication
>is not enabled then you can first move the partitions away from this broker
>using the partition-reassignment tool and then do the same.

I believe that this is handled in a rather abrupt way at the server. It
will crash and if you have replication the partition leader will move.

However you must manually solve the disk space issue before restarting the
failed broker since replication will immediately crash it again.

(The same thing also applies to a broken disk)

I think that partition-reassignment requires a healthy broker but I might
be wrong on this.

/svante