I am trying to simulate "sync" call using following code,

try {

    Future<RecordMetadata> send = producer.send(new
ProducerRecord<byte[],byte[]>("the-topic", "key".getBytes(),
"value".getBytes())).get();

     send.get();

    System.out.println("Time = " + (System.currentTimeMillis() - b));
} catch (Exception e) {

}

And i am using new "org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.KafkaProducer"
class for sending messages, each  message  is taking more than 100ms,
am i missing something. If i use old "kafka.javaapi.producer.Produce"
it is giving the desired throughput.

Please advice me hot to fix this.

--
SunilKalva