Hi team,

I have a 12 nodes cluster that has 800 topics and each of which has only 1
partition. I observed that one of the node keeps generating
NotLeaderForPartitionException that causes the node to be unresponsive to
all requests. Below is the exception

[2015-05-07 04:16:01,014] ERROR [ReplicaFetcherThread-1-12], Error for
partition [topic1,0] to broker 12:class
kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException
(kafka.server.ReplicaFetcherThread)

All other nodes in the cluster generate lots of replication error too as
shown below due to unresponsiveness of above node.

[2015-05-07 04:17:34,917] WARN [Replica Manager on Broker 1]: Fetch request
with correlation id 3630911 from client ReplicaFetcherThread-0-1 on
partition [topic1,0] failed due to Leader not local for partition
[cg22_user.item_attr_info.lcr,0] on broker 1 (kafka.server.ReplicaManager)

Any suggestion why the node runs into the unstable stage and any
configuration I can set to prevent this?

I use kafka 0.8.2.1

And here is the server.properties

broker.id=5
port=9092
num.network.threads=3
num.io.threads=8
socket.send.buffer.bytes=1048576
socket.receive.buffer.bytes=1048576
socket.request.max.bytes=104857600
log.dirs=/mnt/kafka
num.partitions=1
num.recovery.threads.per.data.dir=1
log.retention.hours=1
log.segment.bytes=1073741824
log.retention.check.interval.ms=300000
log.cleaner.enable=false
zookeeper.connect=ip:2181
zookeeper.connection.timeout.ms=6000
unclean.leader.election.enable=false
delete.topic.enable=true
default.replication.factor=3
num.replica.fetchers=3
delete.topic.enable=true
kafka.metrics.reporters=report.KafkaMetricsCollector
straas.hubble.conf.file=/etc/kafka/report.conf

--
Regards,
Tao