Hi Mayank,

The client should expose a configuration property to enable TCP keepalives
(SO_KEEPALIVE) on its broker sockets,
SO_KEEPALIVE provides speedier detection of connection loss on idle
connections.
(as a positive side effect it also helps keeping connections alive through
NAT/firewalls/LBs)

If this is not available in the client in question I suggest you file an
issue (JIRA).

Regards,
Magnus