Thanks Gwen.

One more question:
Is there a way we can dynamically re-load the contents of the Kafka
server.properties contents without restarting the broker? Example use-case
is when a zk-node goes down and a new one is brought up, we need to update
the server.properties file to reflect this. Currently there is no way to do
this other than broker restart. Broker restart requires a lot of things to
do before triggering it.

This JIRA is already filed but un-resolved. We don't require all the
configs to be reloaded but only variable external config changes should be
allowed.

--
Regards
Vamsi Subhash