Hi,

in older Kafka versions where offsets were stored in Zookeeper - I could
manually update the value of the Zookeeper's node:
/consumers/<consumer_group_name>/offsets/<topic_name>/<partition_number>/<offset_value>.

In 0.8.2.1 - there are no values in offsets anymore, but there is a new topic,
__consumer_offsets, where as I understand offsets are tracked now.

the ConsumerOffsetChecker tool seems to be able to get the offsets values from
this topic , since I see correct value running it.
So, how do I access this info myself?

I tried:

./kafka-console-consumer.sh --zookeeper localhost:2181 --topic
__consumer_offsets --from-beginning

but it does not show anything....
Also, how would I change the offset? I need to do this sometimes if I want to
skip/ignore some messages and just advance offset manually.

thanks,
Marina