It looks like you did an unclean shutdown of the cluster, in which case
each open log segment in each partition needs to be checked upon startup.
It doesn't really have anything to do with RF=3 specifically, but it does
mean that each of your brokers has 6000 partitions to check.

What is the setting of recovery.threads.per.data.dir in your broker
configuration? The default is 1, which means that upon startup and
shutdown, the broker only uses 1 thread for checking/closing log segments.
If you increase this, it will parallelize both the startup and shutdown
process. This is particularly helpful for recovering from unclean shutdown.
We generally set it to the number of CPUs in the system, because we want a
fast recovery.

-Todd