Hi All,

Below is my partition information for the topic **xx_json_topic** .This is a
Kafka cluster with three nodes .

All nodes up :

    Topic: xx_json_topic        PartitionCount:4        ReplicationFactor:2
   Configs:
        Topic: xx_json_topic    Partition: 0    Leader: 1       Replicas: 3,1
Isr: 3,1
        Topic: xx_json_topic    Partition: 1    Leader: 2       Replicas: 1,2
Isr: 2,1
        Topic: xx_json_topic    Partition: 2    Leader: 2       Replicas: 2,3
Isr: 2,3
        Topic: xx_json_topic    Partition: 3    Leader: 3       Replicas: 3,2
Isr: 2,3

At this point..  if i bring down the node "node-1" ..It looks like below :

    Topic: xx_json_topic        PartitionCount:4        ReplicationFactor:2
   Configs:
        Topic: xx_json_topic    Partition: 0    Leader: 3       Replicas: 3,1
Isr: 3
        Topic: xx_json_topic    Partition: 1    Leader: 2       Replicas: 1,2
Isr: 2
        Topic: xx_json_topic    Partition: 2    Leader: 2       Replicas: 2,3
Isr: 2,3
        Topic: xx_json_topic    Partition: 3    Leader: 3       Replicas: 3,2
Isr: 2,3

My question is ..if kafka knows that the node-1 is down and it needs to
maintain the replication factor-2 ,wouldn't it make node 3 a replica for
partition-1 && node-2 a replica for partition-0  then make node-3 and node-2
part of their Isr ?

Or you think Kafka doesn't promise that...
If replication factor is 2 ..It doesn't mean that data will be available in
atleast 2 nodes at all time(---like consistency level in Cassandra) .

I also have this question posted below :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32588784/would-kafka-create-a-new-follower-if-one-of-its-replica-is-down-to-keep-up-with

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32588784/would-kafka-create-a-new-follower-if-one-of-its-replica-is-down-to-keep-up-with>

—Dhyan