Hi,
We run a 10 node cluster in production with 5 zk nodes.
The cluster is operating fine without issues with other topics(we have
close to 10 topics).

However, when we try to create new topic, it doesnt go through
successfully. Have tried it couple of times with same result.
Topic shows as created, but the ISR is empty and Leader is none.

We are using 0.8.2.1 in production.

[kafka@kafka10a bin]$ ./kafka-topics.sh --create -topic xxxxxxxxxxxx
--partitions 10 --replication-factor 2 --config retention.ms=18000000
--zookeeper zkhost:2181

Created topic "xxxxxxxxxxxx".

[kafka@kafka10a bin]$ ./kafka-topics.sh --describe
-topic xxxxxxxxxxxx --zookeeper zkhost:2181

Topic: xxxxxxxxxxxx PartitionCount:10 ReplicationFactor:2 Configs:
retention.ms=18000000

Topic: xxxxxxxxxxxx Partition: 0 Leader: none Replicas: 1,2 Isr:

Topic: xxxxxxxxxxxx Partition: 1 Leader: none Replicas: 2,3 Isr:

Topic: xxxxxxxxxxxx Partition: 2 Leader: none Replicas: 3,4 Isr:

Topic: xxxxxxxxxxxx Partition: 3 Leader: none Replicas: 4,5 Isr:

Topic: xxxxxxxxxxxx Partition: 4 Leader: none Replicas: 5,6 Isr:

Topic: xxxxxxxxxxxx Partition: 5 Leader: none Replicas: 6,7 Isr:

Topic: xxxxxxxxxxxx Partition: 6 Leader: none Replicas: 7,8 Isr:

Topic: xxxxxxxxxxxx Partition: 7 Leader: none Replicas: 8,9 Isr:

Topic: xxxxxxxxxxxx Partition: 8 Leader: none Replicas: 9,1 Isr:

Topic: xxxxxxxxxxxx Partition: 9 Leader: none Replicas: 1,3 Isr:

Any inputs would be very helpful.
Disk is just 20% full and there is a lot of available FDs.

Thanks !