Hello Apache Kafka community,

In my integration tests, with single 0.8.2.2 broker, for newly created
topic with single partition, after determining through topic metadata
request that partition has lead broker assigned, when I try to reset offset
for given consumer group, I first try to discover offset coordinator and
that lookup is throwing ConsumerCoordinatorNotAvailableException

On
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/A+Guide+To+The+Kafka+Protocol#AGuideToTheKafkaProtocol-OffsetCommit/FetchAPI
it is documented that broker returns ConsumerCoordinatorNotAvailableCode
for consumer metadata requests or offset commit requests if the offsets
topic has not yet been created.

I wonder if this is really the case, that the offsets topic has not been
created. Any tips how to ensure/verify that offsets topic exists?

Kind regards,

Stevo Slavic.