How are you consuming those topics?

IF: I assume you have a consumer, so why not commit from within that
consumer, after you process the message (whatever "process" means to you).

ELSE: couldn't you have a dedicated consumer for offset commit requests
that you don't shut down between requests?

FINALLY: tell us more about your use case.

Marko Bonaći
Monitoring | Alerting | Anomaly Detection | Centralized Log Management
Solr & Elasticsearch Support
Sematext <http://sematext.com/> | Contact
<http://sematext.com/about/contact.html>