Hi there,

Kafka's `kafka-reassign-partitions.sh` tool currently has no mechanism for
removing brokers. However, it does have the ability to generate partition
plans across arbitrary sets of brokers, by using `--generate`, passing all
the topics in the cluster into it, then passing the generated plan to
--execute.

This isn't ideal, because it (from my understanding), potentially moves all
the partitions in the entire cluster around, but it should work fine, and
stop Kafka from having the partitions assigned to a broker that no longer
exists.

Am I missing something there? Or is this a reasonable workaround until
better partition reassignment tools turn up in the future?

Thanks

Tom