Hi, I started with a clean install of 0.9 Kafka broker and populated a test
topic with 1 million messages. I then used the console consumer to read
from beginning offset. Using --new-consumer reads the messages, but it
stalls after every x number of messages or so, and then continues again. It
is very batchy in its behaviour. If I go back to the old consumer, I am
able to stream the messages continuously. Am I missing a timeout setting or
something?

I created my own consumer in Java and call poll(0) in a loop, but I still
get the same behaviour. This is on Mac OS X (yosemite) with java version
"1.8.0_65".

Any ideas?

bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh --bootstrap-server localhost:9092 --topic
apache_logs --from-beginning --new-consumer

bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh --bootstrap-server localhost:9092 --topic
apache_logs --from-beginning -zookeeper localhost:2181