Hi,

I found that the latest mirror maker with new consumer enabled was unable
to commit offset in time when mirroring a topic with very infrequent
messages.

I have a topic with a few of messages produced every half hour. I setup
mirror maker to mirror this topic with default config. I observed that
mirror maker didn't commit offset until the next messages came in even
though the default commit interval was set to 60 seconds.

I think this is due to a while loop in mirror maker before calling commit.
It basically calling the poll indefinitely until new messages come in and
then commit

https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/core/src/main/scala/kafka/tools/MirrorMaker.scala#L527

Is there a way to get around this problem?