Thanks Pierre. Including the dev mailing list.

A few comments:

1. It's worth mentioning that the KafkaConsumer has the
@InterfaceStability.Unstable annotation.
2. It would be good to show the existing signatures of the methods being
changed before we show the changed signatures.
3. The proposed changes section mentions an alternative. I think the
alternative should be moved to the "Rejected Alternatives" section.
4. It would be good to explain why `Collection` was chosen specifically for
the parameters (as opposed to `Iterable` for example).\
5. Finally, it would be good to explain why we decided to change the method
parameters instead of the return types (or why we should not change the
return types).

Hopefully it should be straightforward to address these points.

Thanks,
Ismael