Hello -

I am seeing that the node in our Kafka cluster currently elected as
controller is reporting 1 offline partition via JMX
(kafka.controller:type=KafkaController,name=OfflinePartitionsCount).
However, when I use kaka-topics to find the offline partition
(bin/kafka-topics.sh
--zookeeper localhost:2181 --unavailable-partitions --describe), nothing is
dumped out. We also haven't been seeing any errors around unavailable
partitions in any of our producers.

Is there a good way to introspect the controller's state and figure out
what it thinks the offline partition is?

This is for Kafka 0.8.2.1.

thanks
Eric