Thanks Jens. What I want to achieve is to check every broker within a
cluster functions probably. The way you suggest can identify the liveness
of a cluster but it doesn't necessarily mean every broker in the cluster is
alive. In order to achieve that I can either create a topic with number of
partitions being same as the number of brokers and min.insync.isr=number of
brokers or one topic per broker and then send ping message to broker. But
this approach is definitely not scalable as we expand the cluster.
Therefore I am looking for a way to achieve this.