Hi Team ,

First of all my warm regards to each and everyone in the community .

We are using kafka for centralizing the logging through our php application
.

Earlier our application was writing all the logs in a file in json line
format , which we used to read using filebeat ( ELK family member ) and
send it to logstash instace which in turn send it to kafka topics using
kafka output plugin .

Recently we enhanced our logger and made a producer which logs directly to
kafka server using a kafka handler ( This handler uses phpkafka ( on the
top of librdkafka) .

We ran into situation where if broker was down the php application was not
able to produce any more logs throwing error .

The error which We recieved at consumer end was

[2016-03-02 15:25:18,233] ERROR
[ConsumerFetcherThread-console-consumer-14821_zk1-1456912451600-6bccbb09-0-1],
Error for partition [cron,1] to broker 1:class
kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException
(kafka.consumer.ConsumerFetcherThread)

We have 3 zookeeper servers and 4 kafka brokers .

I have topic with 5 partition and 3 replicas each .

Now if 1 of the broker gets down , application should automatically detect
leader and start writing in the available leader .

But application ends with segementation fault .

Please help .

Regards
Arvind Sharma
Software Engg.