Coming back to this, see below.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 9:01 PM, Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io> wrote:

> 1. For subscribe() and assign(), change the parameter type to collection as
> planned in the KIP. This is at least source-compatible, so as long as users
> compile against the updated release, there shouldn't be any problems.

I think this one seems to be the least controversial part of the proposal.
And I agree with this suggestion.

2. Instead of changing the signatures of the current pause/resume/seek
> APIs, maybe we can overload them. This keeps compatibility and supports the
> more convenient collection usage, but the cost is some API bloat.

It seems like there is no clear winner, so I am OK with this too.

Given the release plan for 0.10.0.0 that is being voted on, I think we
should make a decision on this one way or another very soon.

Ismael